Schedule a Visit to Compete in the Spring Scholarship Event
Pick your scholarship day: January 27 - February 12, 2014
Sign up to compete any Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between January 27 and February 12.
Do you qualify to compete?
In order to be eligible to compete, you must be a first-time college student and be accepted to the University of Mary as a member of the Class of 2018. You must also have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 and a composite ACT score of 21.
What do you need to do?
Pick a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from January 27 to February 12 to come visit campus and compete for one of six scholarships. The scholarships range from the top prize of $14,000 every year for four years to $7,500 every year for four years. Competition participants will need to prep a portfolio on servant leadership and present it to a panel of U-Mary staff members. Participants will also respond to an essay prompt. Full details will be emailed to you once you register for the event.
Here's how it works:
Pick a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday to come visit campus from Jan. 27 - Feb. 12, 2014
If you haven't already done a U-Mary campus visit, you will:
This portion takes about 2.5 hours
- Meet with your personal Admissions Representative
- Meet with an Emerging Leaders representative
- Meet with a Student Ambassador and receive a campus tour
- Meet with a member of the faculty who specializes in your intended major
Then, you move into the scholarship competition itself, where you will:
- Provide U-Mary with a visual portfolio of your engagement in servant leadership
- Present your portfolio to a panel of U-Mary staff members
- Have 1 hour to respond to an essay prompt
The competition takes about 1.5 hours
What if you already conducted your personal visit to campus?
Not a problem, you will jump right into the competition.
1. Choose a date and time between Jan. 27 - Feb. 12 to visit us:
Note: After you select a day, this page will refresh.
Scroll back down to the bottom and then select your time.