The University of Mary offers a number of scholarship programs to help students with the cost of tuition. In fact, ninety-nine percent of University of Mary students receive scholarships or some form of financial aid.
Explore scholarship opportunities offered by the University of Mary, as well as outside scholarship resources below.
Academic scholarships are available for all admitted students, as well as scholarships for participation in activities on the University of Mary campus, such as music or athletics.
If you have questions or would like more information about scholarships or financial aid, please contact University of Mary Admissions at (800) 288-6279.
The Sister Thomas Welder Leadership Scholarship is an academic scholarship awarded to full-time undergraduate students based on prior academic standing. Students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of eight semesters. The University of Mary offers additional opportunities to achieve premier merit scholarships through scholarship competition days.
The University of Mary Catholic Scholars Program is a donor-funded effort providing free room and board to eligible graduates of Catholic high schools. It is offered to first-time, full-time freshmen.
The Catholic Scholars Program is designed to help make a Catholic college education readily accessible, regardless of economic circumstances. Since this program can't be combined with any other institutional aid, such as scholarships, many students (including those eligible for this program) may qualify for even more substantial aid based on merit and need.
North Dakota high school graduates majoring in eligible health sciences, business or behavioral sciences programs can receive up to $1,500 of stackable scholarship aid per term, a potential $12,000 of savings which can be combined with other scholarships.
- Be a North Dakota high school graduate;
- Submit an application by February 1 to be guaranteed consideration;
- Declare a qualifying major in the health sciences, business or behavioral sciences;
- Intend to seek employment with any nationwide CHI healthcare organization, including CHI St. Alexius Health in Bismarck, following graduation.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, head over to the CHI Healthcare Leaders Scholarship overview for more information!
Students enrolled in the University of Mary Nursing Program at the Bismarck campus, beginning Fall 2015 or later, can qualify for as much as $15,000 in scholarships. That's senior year, tuition-free!
- Enroll in the University of Mary Nursing Program with a start date of Fall 2015 or later;
- Be accepted to the nursing program
- Enter their senior year of study with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Intend to seek employment with any nationwide CHI healthcare; organization, including CHI St. Alexius Health in Bismarck, following graduation.
To learn more about how you can get your senior year in nursing for free, check out the CHI Nursing Scholarship overview for more information!
If you're interested in a career as a fish and game biologist, game warden, park ranger, naturalist, or environmental scientist, check out Mary's EcoWeb scholarship program to learn about your options.
The following are additional outside scholarship resources to help get you started:
FEDERAL STUDENT AID
Search a wide range federal scholarships at federalstudentaid.ed.gov.
Search a database of 1.3 million scholarships worth over $3 billion at fastweb.com.
Find a comprehensive source of student financial aid information, advice, and tools at www.finaid.org.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PAGE
Find a useful clearinghouse of links and information on scholarship opportunities at www.scholarship-page.com.
Research scholarships, careers, salaries and more at studentscholarships.org.
FINANCIAL AID FACTS
View information on college financial aid, scholarship resources, and more at www.finaidfacts.org.
Always use caution when searching for information on student scholarships and financial aid to avoid scams. Some scholarship scam warning signs are:
- Scholarships that guarantee your money back
- Scholarships that state information not available elsewhere
- Scholarships that ask for bank or credit card information
- Being selected to receive a scholarship or winning a scholarship competition you never applied for or entered
In addition to University of Mary scholarship programs, there are many other scholarship opportunities available for students.
P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education (PCE)
The P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education is a grant program providing financial assistance to women whose education has been interrupted and find it necessary to resume studies. Applicants must have a need for financial assistance with their educational expenses to improve their marketable skills. The maximum grant award is $2,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs and available funds. This is a one-time award.
Eligibility: A women is eligible to apply for a grant from the P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education if she:
- is a citizen of the US or Canada;
- is studying in the US or Canada;
- has had at least 24 consecutive months as a nonstudent sometime in her adult life;
- is within 24 consecutive months of completing her educational goal; and
- is not enrolled in a doctoral degree program
Interested applicants should contact Connie Morrison, Chapter AK Mandan Chair for Program for Continuing Education Scholarship, at [email protected] or Nancy Skaret at (701) 258-4703. Additional information can be found online at peointernational.org.
P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship
The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for selected international women for graduate study in the United States and Canada. The maximum scholarship award is $12,500 annually, dependent on need. This scholarship may be renewed once.
- Must be a woman from a country other than the United States or Canada
- Will be working toward a full-time graduate degree at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada
- Will be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year of the scholarship
- Promise to return to their country within 60 days of completion of their degree to pursue their professional career
- Do not need to be enrolled at the time of application
- New applicant must have a full year of course work remaining
Eligibility must be established before application material is sent. Interested applicants can find eligibility and scholarship information online at www.peointernational.org. Completed scholarship forms are accepted electronically between September 15 and December 15.
SEO Expert Scholarship
SEO Expert is a leader in providing search engine optimization and online marketing services to mid-sized public and private businesses. The goal of this scholarship is to encourage future business, technology and communications leaders to learn more about the benefits of online marketing and research the growing trends in the industry.
Eligibility: To be eligible for an SEO Expert scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a junior, senior or graduate student majoring in business, communications or a web-based technology major
- Hold a 2.75 grade point average
- Write a 1,500 to 2,000 word article about a topic relevant to search engine optimization and online marketing
- Authorize SEO Expert permission to publish their essay on its website
- Be a citizen of the United States
Scholarship applications will be accepted through December 31, 2016. For additional scholarship information and to apply go to http://seo.expert/scholarship/#app-form.
Coca-Cola Scholars Program
The Coca-Cola Scholar Foundation is now accepting applications from current high school seniors to be a part of the 2017 class of Coca-Cola Scholars.
Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools)
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school
Interested applicants can find more information about this scholarship opportunity online.
Jamestown Chapter of United Sportsmen of North Dakota Scholarship Program
The Jamestown Chapter of United Sportsmen of North Dakota scholarship program is available
to students meeting the below criteria:
- Enrolled in a North Dakota College or University and have completed a minimum of one year of study prior to the 2017-2018 school year
- Pursuing a course of study in the Biological Sciences or a closely related field of study
- Completed a certified Hunter Safety Program
Amount: Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for the 2017-2018 school year.
Deadline: Scholarship applications must be post marked by March 31, 2017.
Interested students can obtain an application from the UMary Financial Aid Office located in the lower-level of the Benedictine Center.
Deadline: Questions can be directed to Larry Kukla at (701) 252-2811 or [email protected]
The North Dakota Association of Counties (NDACo) strongly believes in education and the future of North Dakota's youth. This is why they created a scholarship fund through their education subsidiary, the Institute of Local Government as North Dakota's youth will one day be the leaders of our communities, counties and state.
Amount: Six $2,000 scholarships will be awarded for the 2017-2018 school year. Scholarships
will be evaluated using a ranking system which considers several factors in the following
order of priority:
- Leadership, Volunteerism
- Honors, Awards
- Personal Statements
- Academic Achievements
Deadline: Friday, June 2, 2017
Interested students should stop by the Financial Aid Office for a scholarship application and additional information on this opportunity.
Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship
The 2017 Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship of $9,000 is available for award to two undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in full-time study preparing for a career in state and local government finance.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Undergraduate student must be in the process of completing at least their junior year by the time the scholarship is awarded.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Recommendation by student’s academic advisor or the chare o the accounting program.
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administer by the GFOA.
Deadline: February 10, 2017
Applications and additional information are available under “Student Opportunities” at www.gfoa.org.
Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship
The Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship of $9,000 is available for award spring of 2017 to an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student of public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, economics, or business administration (with a specific focus on government or nonprofit management). The purpose of the Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship is to recognize outstanding performance by minority students preparing for careers in state and local government finance. This scholarship is funded by Tyler Technologies.
Deadline: February 10, 2017
Applications and additional information are available under “Student Opportunities” at www.gfoa.org or by visiting the UMary Financial Aid Office located in the lower-level of the Benedictine Center.
Flight Network Scholarship
Flight Network is the largest Canadian owned online travel agency in Canada and the second most visited site behind Expedia. Students are asked to submit a 500-1000 word essay about a travel related experience or topic. The winning essay will be featured on the Flight Network blog and will also secure the winner a one-time scholarship of $1000.
- Students must be a Canadian OR American citizen or hold a valid student Visa
- Eligible students must be currently enrolled in a Canadian OR American University OR College program for the 2016/2017 school year
- Students must have a cumulative GOA of 3.0
- This scholarship is open for both Undergraduate and Graduate students
Interested students can visit www.flightnetwork.com/pages/scholarship for more additional information.
Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
Varsity Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students must write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Entries are reviewed by Varsity Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested student can enter the contest here: http://www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship