How to Apply for Grants
Complete the FAFSA application at www.fafsa.gov.
Federal Pell Grant
- Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a prior bachelor's degree.
- Amounts can vary yearly based on need and whether you're a full-time or part-time student.
- Eligibility for this grant depends on need.
Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant)
- These grants are awarded to undergraduate students who qualify for Pell Grants.
- Eligibility for this grant depends on need and on the amount of other student aid you qualify for.
- Limited FSEOG funds are available to the University of Mary each year, so not everyone who qualifies for an FSEOG might get one. It is important to complete your FAFSA early to be considered for these funds.
- This grant provides up to $4,000 per academic year in grant assistance to undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate students who agree to serve for at least four years as full-time "highly qualified" teachers in high need fields in public and not for profit private elementary or secondary schools that serve students from low income families. Specific requirements apply. Please contact the Financial Assistance Office for more information on eligibility.
Please contact our office if you have questions on these federal grants. You can learn more about your financial aid at http://www.finaid.org.