Donate to the University of Mary
From its beginnings as a four-year college in 1959 and throughout the past half century, the University of Mary has experienced unparalleled growth.
Mary College was incorporated in 1959 as a four-year degree-granting college offering programs in nursing and education. Undertaken to provide an academic program with professional preparation built upon a strong liberal arts base, it was the only four-year college in Bismarck, the capital of the State of North Dakota.
It wasn’t until 1968 that Mary College had its own campus and its own buildings. The original complex, designed by the world-renowned architect, Marcel Breuer, is located six miles south of Bismarck, overlooking the Missouri River Valley. That first complex of buildings supported an enrollment of 300 students and consisted of a classroom-science center, a small auditorium, a student residence and a college hall.
The successes of the University of Mary tie back to the strong foundation and clear vision of the Sisters of the Annunciation. The leadership provided by the Sisters of the Annunciation combined with the support of committed students, talented alumni, dedicated administration, faculty and staff, and generous friends and donors have created successful growth for over half a century. This university wishes to continue making improvements and moving forward, but this is not possible without financial support and giving. Please spend some time learning about and considering how you can be part of the progress!
In addition to monetary contributions, there are a number of good and financially sound ways to provide a gift to the University of Mary. Some of these ways are included but not limited to:
- A gift of cash immediately, over a period of years, as a bequest, or a combination of all three.
- As a gift of real estate farm, ranch, residence, second residence, commercial property, resort, vacation land, etc.
- As a gift of interests, personal foundations or trusts, or oil, mineral or gas rights, copyrights, patents, royalties, etc.
- Through liquidation of an established foundation.
- In appreciated securities or combined with cash and other resources.
- As a new life insurance policy on another’s life, payable either in one premium or over five years, with premiums tax-deductible when the organization is the holder or beneficiary of the policy.
- As a life insurance policy on the donor’s own life, either paid up or currently being paid.
How to Make a Gift
Make an instant impact on University of Mary by donating online.
University of Mary
Attn: Office of Development
7500 University Dr
Bismarck, ND 58504
Call us toll-free at (800) 408-6279, ext 8222 and ask to speak with a member of our development staff who will be happy to assist you.
Our Mission Advancement staff is always available to meet with you in person by coming to you or by inviting you on campus.
Personal visits can be made during our regular office hours or by appointment to find a time convenient for you by calling us toll-free at (800) 408-6279, ext. 8222