The University of Mary asks you to join alumni, friends and associates who support this North Dakota private university as members of one of its giving clubs.
The purpose of Varsity Club is to promote and encourage a continuing interest in, and loyalty to, the intercollegiate athletic programs at the University of Mary, and to support the university’s Athletic Department in its efforts to coordinate, develop, improve and maintain superior intercollegiate athletic programs at the university.
The University of Mary’s Athletic Department aspires to be the nation’s premier intercollegiate athletics program both academically and athletically, a model of excellence for others to emulate, while enhancing the lives of student-athletes and preparing them for life beyond athletics.
The Varsity Club provides many levels of giving and accompanying benefits.
The University of Mary asks you to join with your friends and associates who support North Dakota's only private Christian, Catholic and Benedictine university, as members of its President's Club. President's Club Members agree to contribute $500 or more a year for a period of at least five years. Your contribution is tax deductible on the state and federal levels.
As an expression of our gratitude, President's Club members receive:
- an invitation to the gala spring appreciation banquet hosted by the President of the university,
- access to all university-sponsored events including musical performances, theater productions, and special presentations,
- a complimentary copy of “Momentum”, the University of Mary bi-annual magazine.
The Heritage Society, founded in 1988 in commemoration of the work of the founding Sisters of the Annunciation, provides permanent recognition of individuals with significant investments in the University of Mary. The names of members of the Heritage Society are permanently displayed on the Recognition Wall located in the small chapel of the Benedictine Center. The Heritage Society Medallion denotes the cumulative level of investment and is presented by the university president in a private ceremony.
- The Bronze Medallion is presented to investors of the University of Mary with a cumulative record of $25,000 of current gifts and future commitments or has assisted in creating gifting of that amount.
- The Silver Medallion is presented to investors of the University of Mary with a cumulative record of $50,000 of current gifts and future commitments or has assisted in creating gifting of that amount.
- The Golf Medallion is presented to investors of the University of Mary with a cumulative record of $100,000 of current gifts and future commitments or has assisted in creating gifting of that amount.
The McCarthy 100
The University of Mary invites its friends and supporters to accept the “McCarthy 100” challenge. By accepting this challenge, you pledge to:
- contribute $1,000 or more for a period of five years or more,
- contribute a one-time gift of $5,000 or more, or
- indicate by appropriate means the intention to provide a bequest of life income agreement in an amount equal to or larger than the above.