One of the most rewarding services the Alumni Office provides is assisting our alum with maintaining the connections they have to the university and to their fellow alum. The relationships made throughout your college years are irreplaceable, but as time goes by, it is not uncommon to lose touch with your classmates and colleagues. Your commitments to your families, careers and communities often take precedence, so if you are trying to reconnect with a fellow alum with whom you have lost touch, let us do the work!
We have the utmost trust in and also great respect for the privacy of each of our alum, so if you wish to contact a fellow alum through our office, here is how we go about it:
- YOUR name, contact information, graduation year, and major
- The alum's name (maiden, married, etc.) who you wish to contact
- Any additional details that will help the alum recognize you (did you share a major, were you involved in an activity together, etc.)
- Contact that alum, informing him/her that you would like to get in contact
- Request that alum's permission to share his/her information with you OR provide that alum with YOUR contact information to respond to you directly
- Report back to you with our results
To start your search, contact the Alumni Office at 701.355.8370 or email email@example.com (subject line: "Find a Fellow Alum").