Having trouble with rent this month? Car trouble? Getting behind on bills? Undergraduate students who find themselves in a financial crisis which could put their academic success at risk can apply for the Dash Grant.
Who is Eligible?
- Undergraduate (full time or part time)
- Main campus student
- Registered for classes during the term when the hardship occurred
- Expected family contribution on the FAFSA is $7,000 or less
- Never received Dash funds through UMary
- Applying for an eligible financial emergency
Financial emergencies are unexpected expenses that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to a student's departure from the college and loss of momentum toward completion.
Eligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle expenses/transportation
Ineligible expenses include: tuition, fees, fines, parking, textbooks, required equipment/tools for program, entertainment expenses, alcohol/tobacco.
How do I receive Dash Grant funds?
- Review eligibility criteria and apply online - Click Here to Apply!
- Gather documentation of the financial emergency. It is required and will expedite the process.
How are funding decisions made?
- Student Success Center (SSC) receives eligibility/referral forms and verifies initial eligibility.
- SSC contacts you to inform you of eligibility status and support services that may be of assistance.
- Meet with SSC staff to complete full Dash Grant application.
- Dash Grant Committee (three UMary staff members) convene to vote on application within two business days.
- Business office disburses funds to vendor within two business days of grant application approval.
What is the maximum amount I can receive?
You can receive a one-time grant of up to $1000. Grant funds cannot be disbursed to a student directly; funds must be paid to a vendor or dispersed in the form of a gift card.
How long are funds available?
The grant period is now through August 31, 2019.
For more information please contact Betsy Hermanson, Dash Program Coordinator, at [email protected] or (701) 355-8264.