Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Nursing; Informatics
Location(s): Bismarck, ND; Online
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
MSN Nursing and Healthcare Informatics Online Degree Program Overview
Nursing informatics is a specialized, data-driven field in which registered nurses (RNs) aim to strengthen the quality of choices made by patients, nurses and other healthcare professionals through a combination of nursing science, computer science and information analysis. The University of Mary’s MSN nursing informatics master degree program online prepares nurse informaticists to lead transformation of healthcare through acquisition, analysis and dissemination of information aimed to create change toward improved healthcare quality, safety, and efficiency.
MSN Nursing and Healthcare Informatics Online Degree Program Highlights
This new online nursing informatics MSN degree will allow students to complete the entire program online with no on-site visits needed.
During their master degree program, students will learn the theories of nursing informatics and how it applies to healthcare today. Students will complete 360 clinical hours as a part of their graduate coursework assignments.
This online MSN nursing program is accredited by the CCNE (Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education), as are all of Mary’s nursing programs.
- NUR 590 Principles of Informatics in Healthcare Professions
- NUR 594 Ethics and Informatics
- NUR 597 Professional Domains of Nursing Informatics
- NUR 667 Applied Clinical Informatics in Patient Centered Care
- NUR 660 The Human Technology Interface
- NUR 510 Healthcare Across the Populations
- NUR 551 Critique and Design of Nursing Research
- NUR 601 EBP and Strategic Healthcare Decision Making
- NUR 611 Influential Nursing Leadership
- NUR 613 Leadership and the Future of Nursing
- NUR 679 Nursing Informatics Seminar I
- NUR 648 Healthcare Law and Policy
- NUR 686 Nursing Informatics Seminar II
- NUR 612 Professional Roles in Advanced Nursing
- HUM 799 Graduate Student Assessment Nursing
- Completed Application
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current Unencumbered RN License
- Official transcripts from all degree granting institutions attended
- Two letters of reference
- Criminal background check
- Criminal background check release form
- Goal statement
Apply NowAcceptance at the University of Mary does not automatically qualify you to pursue
a program in one of the academic programs of study. Application requirements are specific
to each major or academic program.
We recommend consulting your advisor for details. Applications are reviewed by the faculty members of the program. You will be notified that you have been admitted or denied admission to the program.
If you are considering a master’s degree in nursing at the University of Mary, you might also be interested in the following graduate programs offered online, at distance learning locations, and/or at our main campus in Bismarck, North Dakota: