Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance; Healthcare; Nursing
Location(s): Blended (Online / On-site); Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
MSN/MBA in Healthcare Administration Degree Program Overview
The MSN/MBA: Healthcare Administration dual degree program combines nursing and business coursework, offering students a unique blend of clinical and healthcare management skills. Graduates of the MSN/MBA dual degree in healthcare administration program are able to integrate ethical practices and policies; synthesize information through research and data analysis; collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, consumers, and other key stakeholders; utilize stewardship of human, fiscal, and organizational resources; and analyze significant issues between clinical nursing practice and healthcare management.
The University of Mary offers the Healthcare Administration dual degree in an accelerated on-site format in selected cities. The MSN/MBA degree program is also offered as an accelerated online degree.
The University of Mary has challenged me to look within myself to grow, change and become a more competent, courageous, compassionate person."
MSN/MBA in Healthcare Administration: Online Degree Program Highlights
In today’s healthcare environment, nursing leaders need a broad background in business as well as clinical concepts. The following are just a few highlights of the MSN/MBA Healthcare Administration dual degree program at the University of Mary:
- The MSN/MBA Healthcare Administration program incorporates Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values into the core curriculum, imparting to students the skills to be effective nursing leaders and ethical decision makers.
- Classes are led by world-class faculty who are also noted professionals in their fields of study.
- Graduate students work toward their MSN/MBA dual degree in healthcare administration with a group of adult student peers, offering strong team support.
- Academic advisors are available to provide expert guidance on programs of study, course registration, completion of degree requirements, and more.
Courses within the MSN/MBA Healthcare Administration dual degree program cover a broad spectrum of business, administrative, and clinical subject areas, including managerial finance and accounting, evidence-based practice and strategic healthcare decision-making, influential nursing leadership, and much more.
This master’s degree program also includes a capstone service project that involves integrating nursing and management theory in a practical application.
In the MSN/MBA Dual Degree program, students complete a total of 500 hours of practical leadership experiences as part of the coursework.
Graduation requirements or transfer course equivalent: Students must complete or transfer in credit for an undergraduate or graduate Statistics course.
- BUS 504 Management and Organizational Behavior
- BUS 505 Human Resource Management
- BUS 555 Managerial Finance
- BUS 571 Executive Economic Analysis
- BUS 605 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 610 Marketing
- BUS 630 Current Issues in Healthcare Administration
- BUS 635 Law in the Management Environment
- NUR 510 Healthcare Across the Population
- NUR 551 Critique & Design of Nursing Research
- NUR 560 Applied Healthcare Economics, Finance and Budgeting
- NUR 601 Evidence-Based Practice and Strategic Healthcare Decision Making
- NUR 611 Influential Nursing Leadership
- NUR 612 Professional Roles in Advanced Nursing
- NUR 613 Leadership and the Future of Nursing
- NUR 648 Healthcare Law & Policy
- NUR 696 Seminar and Service Project I
- NUR 698 MSN/MBA Dual Degree Capstone Course
- HUM 799 Graduate Student Assessment Nursing
Even as one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, the University of Mary does offer a variety of scholarships. In fact, 99% of main campus undergraduate students receive some form of scholarship!
We strongly encourage you to contact your personal admissions representative to discover all of the options that might be available to you. In many cases, a program specific scholarship is just one component of a complete financial aid package.
Our admissions professionals will work together with our Office of Financial Assistance to ensure that you get the best financial aid package possible to finance your education.
- Completed Application
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current Unencumbered RN License
- Official transcripts from all degree granting institutions attended
- Two letters of reference
- Criminal background check
- Criminal background check release form
- Goal statement
Apply NowAcceptance at the University of Mary does not automatically qualify you to pursue
a program in one of the academic programs of study. Application requirements are specific
to each major or academic program.
We recommend consulting your advisor for details. Applications are reviewed by the faculty members of the program. You will be notified that you have been admitted or denied admission to the program.
If you are considering a master’s degree in nursing from the University of Mary, you might also be interested in the following graduate programs offered online, at distance education locations, and/or at our main campus in Bismarck, North Dakota: