Degree type(s): Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Blended (Online / On-site); Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
MBA: Concentration in Executive Business Administration
Graduate degree; Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA with a concentration in Executive Business Administration is a graduate business program designed to develop your leadership skills and advance your business management knowledge. A rigorous, hands-on program prepares students to evaluate the financial position of a firm, integrate business operations from a systems perspective, incorporate IT into decision making and evaluations, and plan and manage multi-disciplinary, team-based projects.
The Executive MBA concentration is offered in an accelerated format that enables students to complete their MBA degree in as few as 18 months while continuing to work. Classes meet one night a week at University of Mary campus locations in North Dakota and across the Midwest, and are taught in seminar style, allowing for student participation and discussion and for immediate application in the workplace. You can also complete your MBA online, or in a blended format that combines online and on-site classes.
Executive MBA Concentration: Program Highlights
Designed for working professionals, the Executive MBA program concentration offers the flexibility you need to achieve your graduate business degree — along with a curriculum that emphasizes hands-on, real-world experience to develop executive management expertise.
- Complete your Executive MBA concentration in as few as 18 months in a flexible, accelerated program with convenient evening classes.
- Pursue your MBA in a cohort format with a group of adult student peers, with whom you can connect academically, professionally, and even socially.
- Work in small classes alongside world-class faculty who bring real-world business experience to the classroom.
- Learn in a curriculum grounded in Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values that will enrich your life inside and outside the workplace.
Career Outlook for Executive MBA Graduates
Executives work in nearly every industry, in businesses large and small. While there is typically strong competition for executive positions, the US Department of Labor predicts solid growth for executive and business management jobs over the next decade. Job applicants who hold a master’s degree in business, particularly with an emphasis in executive administration, may also have an advantage.
Students choose a focused area of study:
- Executive Business Administration
- Energy Management
- Health Care
- Human Resource Management
Required Core Courses for the MBA
The following courses are core content for the MBA and are completed by all MBA students:
- MGT 504 Management and Organizational Behavior
- MGT 555 Managerial Finance
- MGT 571 Executive Economic Analysis
- MGT 605 Managerial Accounting
- MGT 610 Marketing
- MGT 635 Law in the Managerial Environment
- MGT 701 Strategic Decision Making
- ALU 799 Graduate Assessment
In addition to foundation and core courses, students enroll in the following courses which are focused content for their particular program.
- MGT 502 Operations Management
- MGT 575 Information Systems for Managers
- MGT 580 Managerial Finance II
- MPM 500 Introduction to Project Management
Even as one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, the University of Mary does offer a variety of scholarships. In fact, 99% of main campus undergraduate students receive some form of scholarship!
We strongly encourage you to contact your personal admissions representative to discover all of the options that might be available to you. In many cases, a program specific scholarship is just one component of a complete financial aid package.
Our admissions professionals will work together with our Office of Financial Assistance to ensure that you get the best financial aid package possible to finance your education.
Individuals holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and who have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 overall, or 2.75 during the last two years of the undergraduate degree, or 3.0 in a major field will be admitted to begin graduate study. To complete the application process, please submit:
- Completed application (to include goal statement)
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of reference
- Application/enrollment fee
Acceptance at the University of Mary does not automatically qualify you to pursue
a program in one of the academic programs of study. Application requirements are specific
to each major or academic program.
We recommend consulting your advisor for details. Applications are reviewed by the faculty members of the program. You will be notified that you have been admitted, admitted provisionally, or denied admission to the program.
If you are considering the Executive MBA concentration, you might also be interested in the following graduate programs offered at the University of Mary: