Degree type(s): Concentration; Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Online; Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
HR Management Concentration
This 3-course concentration, which you can add to your MBA degree, MS in Business, or Master of Project Management degree at the University of Mary, prepares innovative leaders and effective problem-solvers in the area of human resources management.
The HR Management concentration was developed based on the human resources body of knowledge defined by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
At the University of Mary, you can earn your MBA degree or MS in Business degree with a concentration in HR Management in accelerated, flexible online or evening classes at one of the most affordable private universities in the U.S.
HR Management Concentration Highlights
- Complete your MBA degree or MS in Business degree with a concentration in HR Management in as few as 18 months in our accelerated program online, or evening classes that meet one night each week. Evening classes are offered in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota or at Fort Riley, Kansas. Evening classes meet one night each week.
- Learn from top faculty who bring real-world, HR Management experience to the graduate program at the University of Mary.
- Pursue your master’s degree while having access to valuable personal advising and career mentoring support.
- Use a state-of-the-art online learning program, called Canvas, to ensure that you receive top-quality instruction when you pursue your degree online.
- Learn in a curriculum grounded in Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values that will enrich your career and everyday life.
Why Choose a Concentration in HR Management?
Whether you are seeking to advance your career as an HR professional or in business management, or prepare for the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) exam, a concentration in HR Management (with your MBA degree or MS in Business degree from the University of Mary) will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for human resource managers is expected to grow rapidly in the years ahead. Job candidates with certification or a master’s degree—particularly those with a concentration in human resources management—should have the best job prospects. The median annual salary for human resource managers in 2012 was $99,720.
Other MBA and MS in Business Concentrations
In addition to the Human Resources Management concentration, you can also add these concentrations to your MBA degree or MS in Business degree program at the University of Mary:
- Energy Management (evening or online program)
- Executive (evening or online program)
- Healthcare (evening or online program)
- Healthcare Informatics (evening or online program)
- Project Management (evening or online program)
- Public Administration (evening or online program)
- Virtuous Leadership (online)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION
In addition to completing the curriculum listed above, you will take the following courses to complete the Human Resource Management Concentration:
- MGT 618 Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
- MGT 621 Strategic Compensation: A Human Resources Management Approach
- MGT 622 Human Resource Development