Degree type(s): Concentration; Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Online; Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
Healthcare MBA or MS in Business Concentration: Program Overview
Gain fundamental healthcare management and administration expertise in this 3-course concentration you can add to your MBA degree or MS in Business degree at the University of Mary. Graduates will be prepared to lead in a wide range of business healthcare settings, as administrators, managers, and executives.
Our flexible, accelerated online and evening classes enable you to earn your master’s degree in business in less time, and on a schedule that works for you—in an accredited program at an affordable, private, Catholic university.
Healthcare Concentration: Program Highlights
- Complete your MBA degree or MS in Business degree (with a concentration in Healthcare) in as few as 20 months in our accelerated online program, or via evening classes that meet one night per week. The University of Mary offers convenient evening courses in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota or at Fort Riley, Kansas.
- Learn from expert faculty who are recognized as business leaders in their communities and in the region, and bring professional business healthcare management and administration experience to their classrooms.
- Access the support you need to achieve your master’s degree in business with personal advising and career mentoring services offered by the University of Mary.
- Use Canvas, our state-of-the-art online learning platform, to easily work and study when you pursue your degree online.
- Learn to lead as an ethical, business healthcare professional through a graduate program infused with Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values.
Why Choose a Concentration in Healthcare?
Graduates of the Healthcare MBA or MS in Business program concentration will find a wide range of career paths available.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for healthcare managers and administrators, especially those with graduate degrees, is expected to grow quickly in the years ahead. While hospitals will continue to be the biggest employers, Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates with a concentration in healthcare will also find many job opportunities in diverse healthcare business settings, including medical practices, healthcare management companies, biotech firms, and pharmaceutical companies.
Other MBA and MS in Business Concentrations
In addition to the Healthcare concentration, you can also add the following concentrations to your MBA degree or MS in Business degree program at the University of Mary:
- Energy Management (evening or online program)
- Executive (evening or online program)
- Healthcare Informatics (evening or online program)
- Human Resources Management (evening or online program)
- Project Management (evening or online program)
- Virtuous Leadership (online)
In addition to completing the curriculum listed above, you will take the following courses to complete the Healthcare Concentration:
- MGT 630 Current Issues in Healthcare Administration
- NUR 648 Healthcare Law and Policy
- MGT 653 Healthcare Organizations and Finance