Degree type(s): Master's; Concentration
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Online; Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
Program offerings by location and modality are subject to change.
Executive Concentration Program Overview
The Executive program concentration is designed to advance your business management knowledge and prepare you for leadership positions in diverse business settings. Executive career skills covered in the master’s degree program include evaluating the financial position of a firm, integrating business operations from a systems perspective, incorporating IT into decision making and evaluations, and planning and managing multi-disciplinary, team-based projects.
The University of Mary offers accelerated online or evening classes to make it even faster and more convenient to earn your graduate business degree at one of the most affordable private universities in the nation.
Executive Concentration Highlights
Flexible and accelerated
Earn your MBA, MS in Business, Master of Project Management or Master of Public Administration degree with an Executive concentration in a flexible, accelerated evening or online program you can complete in as few as 18 months. Evening courses are available in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota; or at Fort Riley, Kansas; and meet one night each week.
Personal advising and experienced faculty
Get valuable support throughout your master’s degree program with personal advising and career mentoring services. You will also learn from world-class faculty who are recognized as business leaders in their communities and in the region and also bring real-world, business experience to the graduate program at the University of Mary.
State-of-the-art online learning
Pursue your degree online using Canvas, our state-of-the-art online learning platform. Watch a demonstration.
Why Choose the Executive Concentration?
Executives work in diverse industries and in businesses of every size. According to the US Department of Labor, executive and business management positions will continue to grow steadily over the next decade. Job applicants who hold a master’s degree in business, particularly with an emphasis in executive administration, may also have an advantage.
In addition to the Executive concentration, you can also choose from the following concentrations to add to your MBA degree, MS in Business degree, MPM degree or MPA degree program at the School of Business at Mary:
- Catholic Philanthropy (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Energy Management (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Healthcare Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Healthcare Informatics Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Human Resource Management Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Project Management Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Public Administration Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Virtuous Leadership Concentration (online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
To complete the Executive Concentration, you will complete the following courses in addition to the curriculum in your graduate business degree program:
- MGT 575 Information Systems for Managers
- MGT 645 Organizational Communication and Transition Management
- MGT 696 Strategic Planning and Execution