Degree type(s): Concentration; Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Online; Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
Energy Management Concentration Overview
The Energy Management concentration at the University of Mary will prepare you to examine and interpret energy management issues in the 21st century, while gaining the skills to lead in this complex and constantly changing business field.
Designed for working professionals, our graduate degree programs with a concentration in Energy Management offer flexible and convenient options to earn your graduate degree at one of the most affordable private universities in the United States.
Energy Management Concentration Highlights
Flexible course delivery options
Complete your graduate business degree with a concentration in Energy Management in as few as 18 months in our accelerated evening or online program. Evening classes meet one night per week and are available in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota or at Fort Riley, Kansas.
Quality scholar practitioners
Learn from caring educators who bring real-world energy management experience to the classroom.
Support when you need it
Get the support you need to achieve your graduate business degree with our personal advising and career mentoring services.
Convenient online learning technologyPursue your graduate business degree online using our state-of-the-art online learning platform, called Canvas. See how our teachers use Canvas.
Values-based educationLearn to lead ethically and professionally in an accredited graduate program grounded in Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values.
Why Choose a Concentration in Energy Management?
With clean and renewable energy spurring job growth, the field of energy management offers potentially lucrative salaries and growing career opportunities for master’s business graduates.
The median annual salary for an Energy Manager in the United States is $92,449.*
According to the Brookings Institution, the clean energy economy employs more workers than the fossil fuel industry, with approximately 2.7 million jobs.
The energy sector continues to be a solid area for jobs, with alternative energy and clean technology leading the way.**
In addition to a concentration in Energy Management, you can also choose from the following concentrations to add to your MBA degree, MS in Business degree, MPM degree or MPA degree program at the University of Mary's School of Business:
- Executive Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Healthcare Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Healthcare Informatics Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Human Resources Management Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Project Management Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Public Administration Concentration (evening or online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
- Virtuous Leadership Concentration (online MBA, MS, MPA, or MPM)
In addition to completing the curriculum in your graduate business degree program, you will take the following courses to complete the Energy Management Concentration:
- BUS 520 Foundations of Energy Management
- MGT 522 The Economics and Markets of Energy
- MGT 523 Financial Management in the Energy Industry
- MGT 526 Legal Issues in Energy Management