Degree type(s): Concentration; Master's
Degree field(s): Business & Finance
Location(s): Online; Alexandria, MN; Billings, MT; Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND
Energy Management Concentration
Add this 4-course concentration to customize your MBA, MS in Business, or Master of Project Managment degree to a career in energy management. The Energy Management concentration at the University of Mary will prepare you to examine and interpret energy management issues in the 21st century, while gaining the skills to lead in this complex and constantly changing business field.
Designed for working professionals, our MBA degree or MS in Business degree program with a concentration in Energy Management offers flexible and convenient options to earn your graduate degree at one of the most affordable private universities in the United States.
Energy Management Concentration Highlights
- Complete your MBA degree or MS in Business degree with a concentration in Energy Management in as few as 18 months in our accelerated evening or online program. Evening classes meet one night per week and are available in Bismarck, Fargo, and Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota or at Fort Riley, Kansas.
- Learn from caring educators who bring real-world energy management experience to the classroom.
- Get the support you need to achieve your MBA degree or MS in Business degree with our personal advising and career mentoring services.
- Pursue your MBA degree or MS in Business degree online using our state-of-the-art online learning platform, called Canvas.
- Learn to lead ethically and professionally in an accredited graduate program grounded in Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values.
Why Choose a Concentration in Energy Management?
With clean and renewable energy spurring job growth, the field of energy management offers potentially lucrative salaries and growing career opportunities for master’s business graduates:
- The median annual salary for an Energy Manager in the United States is $92,449.*
- The energy sector continues to be a solid area for jobs, with alternative energy and clean technology leading the way.**
- According to the Brookings Institution, the clean energy economy employs more workers than the fossil fuel industry, with approximately 2.7 million jobs.
Other Business Concentrations
In addition to the concentration in Energy Management, you can also choose from the following concentrations to add to your MBA degree or MS in Business degree program at the University of Mary:
- Executive (evening or online program)
- Healthcare (evening or online program)
- Healthcare Informatics (evening or online program)
- Human Resources Management (evening or online program)
- Project Management (evening or online program)
- Virtuous Leadership (online program)
ENERGY MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION
In addition to completing the curriculum listed above, you will take the following courses to complete the Energy Management Concentration:
- BUS 520 Foundations of Energy Management
- MGT 522 The Economics and Markets of Energy
- MGT 523 Financial Management in the Energy Industry
- MGT 526 Legal Issues in Energy Management