Graduation & Commencement Overview
The University of Mary invites families and the general public to attend commencement ceremony, which celebrates the individual achievements of our students.
Graduation is the day the degree is conferred by the Registrar. All students must fulfill all university, school, and departmental requirements before graduation can take place. Please note: the Commencement Ceremony does not guarantee degree completion.
All Graduating Students:
- Consult with your academic advisor for graduation eligibility.
- Upon approved eligibility, click here to submit your diploma and commencement application.
- Keep a copy of the application for your record.
- The University of Mary holds one yearly commencement at the end of the spring term. Graduating students include fall, spring, or summer applicants of current school term.
- Diploma applications must be submitted to Office of the Registrar no later than April 1 to ensure the applicants name is included for university graduation publications.
- Late applicants will be welcome to participate in the commencement ceremony, but the name cannot be added to the university graduation publications.
- The application orders the diploma and reserves a chair at commencement, if attending.
- All students must fulfill all academic requirements, and financial obligations, which includes the graduation processing fee. The fee is charged to a student’s account when registering for the applicable exit survey as undergraduate, master, or doctoral.
- Contact [email protected] for changes in participation, and with any changes to mailing addresses.
- The diploma package will be mailed after the degree has been conferred and all financial obligations have been met. Students who do not attend the ceremony will also receive the university plaque and a copy of the commencement program.
- Extra diploma copies or replacements can be purchased. Contact [email protected].
- Graduation attire:
- The attire is strictly academic. Please refrain from adding additional adornment.
All gowns and caps are black. Customized gowns may be purchased through Jostens as an alternative.
Master level graduates must have the appropriate master hood. The tassel is black.
Doctor level graduates must have the appropriate doctoral hood. The tassel is gold.
- Ordering attire: You may contact Sales Representative, Amantha Hubbard with Jostens at: [email protected] or office: 763-503-6750.
For details regarding the 2017 Commencement Ceremony please refer to the attached information.
For details regarding the 2017 GradFest please refer to the attached information.
Diploma frames: A variety of specially designed frames with a matte and university seal are available
for purchase through the University of Mary Bookstore, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504; phone (701) 355-8559.
Lodging: Hotel information is available by visiting the Bismarck-Mandan Convention and Visitors Bureau Accommodation Directory at www.discoverbismarckmandan.com or by calling (800) 767-3555.