Graduation & Commencement Overview
The University of Mary invites families and the general public to attend commencement ceremony, which celebrates the individual achievements of our students.
Graduation is the day the degree is conferred by the Registrar. All students must fulfill all university, school, and departmental requirements before graduation can take place. Please note: the Commencement Ceremony does not guarantee degree completion.
Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 2:00pm CDT located at the Bismarck Event Center. Updates will be posted in the fall. Please check back later for additional information.
All Graduating Students:
- Consult with your academic advisor for graduation eligibility.
- Upon approved eligibility, click here to submit your diploma and commencement application.
- Keep a copy of the application for your record.
- The University of Mary holds one yearly commencement at the end of the spring term. Graduating students include fall, spring, or summer applicants of current school term.
- Diploma applications must be submitted to Office of the Registrar no later than April 1 to ensure the applicants name is included for university graduation publications.
- Late applicants will be welcome to participate in the commencement ceremony, but the name cannot be added to the university graduation publications.
- The application orders the diploma and reserves a chair at commencement, if attending.
- All students must fulfill all academic requirements, and financial obligations, which includes the graduation processing fee. The fee is charged to a student’s account when registering for the applicable exit survey as undergraduate, master, or doctoral.
- Contact [email protected] for changes in participation, and with any changes to mailing addresses.
- The diploma package will be mailed after the degree has been conferred and all financial obligations have been met. Students who do not attend the ceremony will also receive the university plaque and a copy of the commencement program.
- Extra diploma copies or replacements can be purchased. Contact [email protected].
Make sure you are prepared for Graduation.
Things to do at GradFest:
- Purchase graduation attire, announcements, rings, frames, etc.
- Meet with Alumni, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Registrar, Career Services, and Admissions
- Enter your name in the raffle for a prize
- Enjoy food and drinks
- Receive information about the Commencement Ceremony
Spring 2018 GradFest:
- Wednesday (11:00-3:00pm)-Thursday (10:00-3:00pm), March 21-22nd in Chick’s Place
- Wednesday-Thursday, March 21-22nd from 4:30-6:30pm at the Bismarck Butler Center in foyer area (505 South 7th St Bismarck, ND 58504). For online and accelerated students.
- Monday-Tuesday, March 19-20th from 5:00-7:00pm at the Fargo Butler Center room #101 (1351 Page Dr S #103 Fargo, ND 58103). For online and accelerated students.
Date: May 24, 2018
Time: 1 - 3 pm
Hilton Garden Inn Conference Center
410 South 3rd Street
Manhattan, KS 66502
Ft. Riley Representative
University of Mary
Please note, the attached information has been provided by the Bismarck-Mandan Convention and Visitors Bureau. Rates and vacancies are not guaranteed by the University of Mary and are subject to change. See hotel websites for most up-to-date pricing information prior to booking.