Michael T. Lares, Ph.D.
School of Arts & Sciences Administrative Chair, Professor of Biology
- Ph.D., Biology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- M.S., Biology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Birmingham AL
- B.S. Marine Science/Biology, Southampton College-LIU, Southampton, NY
Dr. Lares’s graduate research focused on the functional biology of Echinoderms, especially the feeding biology of sea urchins. He is currently developing a collaboration with Emma Perry, Unity College, Maine, on studies of the Tardigrades of North Dakota.
- Pomory, C.M., and M.T. Lares (2011) Scaling of Aristotle’s lantern in Lytechinus variegatus. Gulf of Mexico Science 2011(2): 119-125.
- Krupinsky, J.M., D.L Tanaka, S.D. Merrill, M.A. Liebig, M.T. Lares and J.D. Hanson (2007) Crop sequence effects on leaf spot diseases of no-till wheat. Agron J. 99: 912 - 920
- Krupinsky, J.M., S.D. Merrill, D.L Tanaka, M.A. Liebig, M.T. Lares and J.D. Hanson (2007) Crop residue coverage of soil influenced by crop sequence in a no-till system. Agron J. 99: 921 – 930.
- Pomory, C.M., and M.T. Lares (2000) Rate of regeneration of two arms in the field and its effect on body components in Luidia clathrata (Echinodermata: Asteroidea). J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 254: 211-220.
- Lares, M.T. (1999) Evaluation of techniques for measuring absorption efficiencies in sea urchins. J. World Aquaculture Soc. 30(2): 201-207.
- Pomory, C.M. and M.T. Lares (1998) Gonospora holoflora new species of gregarine protozoan parasite (Apicomplexa) in Holothuria floridana (Echinodermata: Holothuroidea) from the Florida Keys. Bull. Mar. Sci. 62(1): 213-218.