Located in the Benedictine Center, Our Lady of the Word Chapel was the Benedictine Sistersí main chapel (1959-1963) until completion of Our Lady of the Annunciation Chapel. Goldleafed ceramic tile surfaces the wall behind the altar and a clerestory window above provides natural light. A pierced red baldachin surmounts the granite altar. The red quarry tile floor contrasts with the brown black stained oak ceiling. Birch pews seat approximately 145. Mass is celebrated in Our Lady of the Word Chapel at 4:30 p.m. on select days of the week.
A Heritage Society wall in the chapelís balcony recognizes donors and friends of the university.