Named in recognition of oil entrepreneur Thomas and Frances Leach, through the Leach Foundation, this student life center was constructed in 1999-2000 to serve as a campus gathering place to promote physical, social, and psychological well being.
Serving as a link between the Leach Field House and University Hall, the upper level is the location of Chick's Place which includes a snack bar, beverage bar, and DJ booth area. It is named in recognition of Charles "Chick" Swenson, a neighboring farmer who donated the first 40 acres to the Benedictine Sisters as they prepared to build their motherhouse in the 1950's. This acreage donated by Chick Swenson was known as "Gift Hill" until leveled in the 1990's for campus construction.
The lower level includes the 3,000 square foot Fitness Place (2001) with a plaque expressing gratitude to Saint Alexius Medical Center for "their generosity which extends Christ's healing ministry toward human wholeness through The Fitness Place," a racquetball court to replace one previously located in the McDowell Activity Center, and locker rooms.